The successful candidates should be an all-rounder Cook who can skillfully, economically prepare and timely present quality food.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicants must have a Certificate in Hotel and Catering Studies/Certificate in Hotel and Catering Management/Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking/Certificate in Bakery Studies/Certificate in Professional Cookery/Certificate in Institutional Catering/Certificate in Hospitality Management/Executive Certificate in Hospitality Operations Management/Apprenticeship in Cookery;
- A minimum of five (5) Ordinary Level subjects;
- The applicants must also have a minimum of one (1) year relevant post qualification working experience in an educational institution/hotel/restaurant or similar set up.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and serving food;
- Processing customer orders;
- Cleaning the workspace;
- Ensuring that the ingredients and products in the canteen are fresh;
- Properly handling and storing ingredients and food to avoid contamination and poisoning;
- Maintaining food safety and sanitization standards in line with the health and safety guidelines;
- Presentation of garnish and arrange final dishes;
- Any other catering services as assigned by Catering Supervisor.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 6 June 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”