The main function of the Civil Engineering Technician is to give technical support to the Projects Manager. The successful incumbent would be involved in reading and understanding plans for a proposed project in order to replicate it on the project site, as well as monitoring projects progress on site. The role involves monitoring process materials and supervising sites involved in the construction activity so as to ensure compliance with standards, as well as specifications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma Civil/Structural Engineering or its equivalent;
- Three (3) years post qualification experience in a relevant field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications;
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings;
- Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements;
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data and report progress to Projects Manager;
- Confer with Projects Manager to determine project details, such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluationof field conditions;
- Inspect project site and evaluate contractor work to detect design malfunctions and ensure conformance to designs pecifications and applicable codes;
- Plan and conduct field surveys to locate new sites and analyze details of project sites;
- Report maintenance problems occurring at project site to supervisor and negotiate changes to resolve system conflicts;
- Conduct materials test and analysis, using tools and equipment, and applying engineering knowledge;
- Preparing timelines for the supply of materials, human resource, etc. needed for a project on site.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 20 March 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”