Qualifications and Experience
- The applicants must possess a Master’s degree in Security and Risk Management or its equivalent, a degree in Security and Risk Management or equivalent and a Diploma in Security Management or equivalent;
- At least ten (10) years’ working experience preferably in Police or Security Service of which five (5) years should be at supervisory level;
- In-depth knowledge of security systems;
- Experience of working in tertiary education institutions would be an added advantage;
- Computer literacy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the day-to-day administrative functions of the Security Department, identify potential security risks and make recommendations for improvements;
- Formulating security related policies;
- Advising the Vice Chancellor and Management on all security issues obtaining and affecting the University from time to time;
- Developing and recommending security strategies for the University Campuses;
- Overseeing the security of staff members, physical University assets and all records of information;
- Supervising and directing the operations of University Security Guards through the Deputy Chief Security Officer and Security Sergeants;
- Developing manpower development programmes for the Department and conducting training programmes for staff in the department;
- Detecting and investigating all losses that may occur in the University from time to time and recommending to the Vice Chancellor as well as referring criminal cases to the police;
- Supervising Security Books and Records;
- Ensuring that students and staff members are oriented about Security issues obtaining in the University and the country in general;
- Overseeing the loss control function of the Department and recommending to the Vice Chancellor and Management appropriate mitigation strategies;
- Carrying out internal investigations on incidents that occur on all Campuses, the University Farm and other properties and refer all criminal cases to the Police and all administrative cases to the Vice Chancellor and Management and
- Performing any other duties as directed by the Vice Chancellor from time to time.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 1 August 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”