The Assistant Librarian undertakes and manages all reference, acquisitions, cataloguing and information literacy programs and services for a specific Faculty as assigned by the Librarian.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or its equivalent; and
- A Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science or its equivalent;
- At least four (4) years’ post qualification working experience in a Library of which two (2) years should be continuous work experience in an Academic or Research Library;
- Proven hands-on experience working with Resource Description and Access, electronic resources, information literacy skills training and Faculty liaison duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the Library’s collection and reference services for assigned Faculty or Programmes;
- Develops digital collections for the various subjects offered in the assigned Faculty;
- Prepares informational materials like newsletters, bibliographies brochures and other promotional materials to market Library resources and services;
- Organizes and conducts user education activities in the form of general orientation seminars to the Library and its resources as well as subject specific seminars in the various disciplines offered by the University;
- Participates in the development of information literacy skills training programmes;
- Develops content for the Library website and social media platforms;
- Supervises the work of Chief/Senior Library Assistant and performs evaluation; and,
- Preforms any other Library related duties that may be assigned by the Sub- Librarian, Deputy Librarian or Librarian.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 22 August 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”