The successful applicant should be able to work under pressure, be a mature person of good repute who enjoys an outstanding reputation in the chosen field, be of high integrity and possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a first degree in Accounting;
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, MBA or MBL;
- A professional qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/CIS/CPA is a requirement;
- Applicants must have at least four (4) years hands on post qualification experience;
- Applicants should preferably be registered Public Accountants;
- Knowledge of computerised accounting packages such as Pastel would be a distinct advantage;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that accurate monthly trial balance is produced;
- Checking and maintaining of month end schedules from various sections to ensure accuracy;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including the consolidated financial statements that are IFRS Compliant;
- Preparation of relevant ledger reconciliations;
- Preparation of monthly inter-unit reconciliations;
- Maintaining and updating of investment schedules;
- Preparation of monthly cash movement schedules;
- Checking and updating payables and payment batches in the system to ensure correct vote allocation;
- Checking travel and subsistence advances for completeness and accuracy and passing for payment;
- Supervising junior staff;
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 10 October 2022.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”