The main function of the Architectural Technician is to develop architectural designs and examine building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to the Projects Manager. The role involves supporting an architectural project from concept to completion by helping to provide technical building models and checking for compliance to by laws and other statutory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Architectural Technology or its equivalent;
- Three (3) years post qualification experience in a relevant field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collating and organizing technical building information from architects and preparing designs;
- Investigating and offering technical advice on factors that affect building developments, including user needs, site and building surveys, and regulatory requirements;
- Monitoring designs for health and safety and contributing to risk assessments;
- Coordinating detailed design information;
- Preparing specifications for construction work;
- Preparing drawings, plans, and documents for statutory approvals;
- Preparing applications for approval by regulatory bodies;
- Making site visits and preparing snag lists;
- Contributing to meetings and document preparation;
- Advising on new design processes, building legislation and technology;
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar-Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 20 March 2023.
For more information phone (66210) 7531-2 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9
“Promoting Science for Human Development”