This post is an executive position within the University and the Registrar has overall responsibility over the administration of the University, its organisation, management, academic and non-academic support services and the designing of appropriate systems to enhance the University to discharge its mandate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or Management and its equivalent;
- At least a relevant Masters Degree together with a professional qualification such as:-
– Institute of People Management of Zimbabwe (IPMZ),
– Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administration (ICSA),
– Chartered Institute of Administrators (CIA).
- At least ten years working experience in a higher education institution or public sector organisation;
- Have knowledge and understanding of the academic business of the University;
- Be self-motivated, dedicated and highly responsible, strong moral character and integrity to handle confidential records in compliance with institutional policies;
- A demonstrable ability to communicate readily and effectively at all levels with a wide variety of stakeholders of different backgrounds, ages, beliefs, both within the University and outside;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with University departments and cross functional teams and
- Demonstrable competency in relevant Information Management Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The incumbent shall also be responsible for the following:-
- Advisory role to the Vice Chancellor, the Chairman of Council and to major standing and ad hoc Committees in respect of the whole range of the University activities, functions, duties and responsibilities both within the University and outside;
- Development and formulation of policy to enhance the University’s capacity to discharge its various duties as a National Institution of Higher Learning and support its mandate through the strategic plan and logical framework;
- Support for, and facilitation of the University’s Education 5.0 Strategies and activities and
- Coordinating student enrollment and student record keeping to maintain the University’s academic order.
Conditions of Service
The University is offering a competitive remuneration package to be revealed to those short listed for interviews. The post is a contract appointment for a period of up to three (3) years.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Scanned copies in a single continuous file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to the postal or email address shown below. For more information, kindly visit our website on www.buse.ac.zw/vacancies.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Chairman of Council
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Monday, 3 May 2021. For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”