The Bursar shall be a member of the Senior Management Team. The Bursar, as the Chief Finance Officer of the University shall exercise professional superintendence and shall be responsible for safeguarding its funds. The Bursar shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the safe custody and proper disposition of all University funds and assets.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor of Accountancy Honours Degree or an equivalent; be a Chartered Accountant (CA), a Chartered Certified Accountant (CCA) or a registered Public Accountant with at least six (6) years of accounting experience directly related to duties and preferably in a University, with at least two (2) years in a senior management position. A Masters degree is an added advantage. Knowledge of computerised accounting systems/packages is a must.
Skills and Attributes
Overally, the Bursar must demonstrate orderliness, efficiency, reliability of stewardship, excellent ICT skills, possess a calm manner, excellent skills in budget preparation, fiscal management, be able to write technical reports, foster a co-operative working environment and to effectively perform multiple tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant shall be responsible for:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Bursary Department.
- Managing all the financial affairs of the University including strategic planning, implementation of sound accounting procedures and treasure functions;
- Ensuring adherence and compliance to laws, financial regulations and procedures;
- Formulating, designing, reviewing and implementing sound and appropriate financial accounting policies and systems;
- Being the University financial advisor;
- Receiving on behalf of the University Council, grants subventions, revenues, gifts payable to the University and be a sufficient discharge of the same.
- Maintaining cash flow projections for the current and future years
- Reviewing and preparation of Final Accounts budgetary estimates, cash flow and reports.
- Developing and managing annual budgets and performing periodic cost and productivity analyses;
- Production of periodic management and financial reports as required by Management, the University Council and its Committees;
- Planning, developing and implementing strategies for generating resources and revenue;
- Interacting with supervising agents, internal and external auditors, participating in audit projects and providing information and access to accounting records as required;
- Providing guidance to staff in the Bursary including Performance Management Staff Development;
- Establishing and maintaining a collaborative and effective working relationships with all staff.
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Monday, 16 March 2020. For more information phone (0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9..
“Promoting Science for Human Development”