Technology Librarian’s core responsibility is to guide the technological development of the library as assigned by the Librarian.
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Library and Information Sciences; Masters Degree in Library and Information Sciences; Certification and Licensing in computer programming and at least two years’ post qualification experience working with integrated library management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and evaluate the Library Technology plan;
- Monitor library technology trends and recommend implementation;
- Ensure that all computers in the libraries are in working order at all times;
- Be responsible for the technical operation and management of the Integrated Library Management System;
- Provide leadership in the development and management of library web pages and digital/electronic/virtual libraries;
- Ensure registration/access to e-resources in coordination with Faculty Librarians;
- Develop training programs as well as train library staff and library clientele in new information technologies;
- Partner with Faculty Librarians in the development and management of all library technology projects;
- Acts as advisor to the Librarian on ICT related issues;
- Any other technology related duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Send six (6) copies of the application consisting of the documents listed above to:
Bindura University of Science Education
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 27 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualifying female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”