FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
NATURAL RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have 5 “O” Levels including English Language, Mathematics and Science. The incumbent must also have a National Diploma in Information and Communication Technology or related area. At Least two (2) years post qualification experience with traceable references. A higher National Diploma will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to:-
- Ensure the functionality and safety of the LCD projectors and other ICT equipment;
- Control the materials kept in stock;
- Ensure machines and materials are ready for use;
- Maintain and repair machines and equipment;
- Support the Faculty’s E-Learning and online communication systems;
- Support academics in carrying out research projects;
- Assist students with research projects including use of Antiplagarism Software;
- Demonstrate methods and experiments to students;
- Facilitate students’ field trips in liaison with Departmental Chairpersons;
- Manage the ICT Asset Register;
- Provide General cleanliness of ICT Laboratories;
- Mann the Faculty generator,
- Supervise ICT Technical Assistants within the Faculty and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
NB: FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Scanned copies in a single
continuous file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be send to the postal and email address shown below. For more information, kindly visit our website on www.buse.ac.zw/vacancies.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar – Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Monday, 26 April 2021. For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”