SENIOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR, SALARIES OFFICER (1 POST)
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must hold a relevant Social Science degree from a reputable and recognised institution, with four (4) years post qualification experience. Applicants must have at least a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, or equivalent. Applicants should also possess Knowledge in Payroll management and at least two years’ experience in end-to end payroll processing and end of year financial processing. Knowledge of Belina Payroll System and possession of a Payroll Certificate is a must. In addition, applicants must have five (5) Ordinary level passes including English Language and Mathematics or Accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing of accurate monthly payroll transactions for all staff;
- Processing accurate payments for all Payroll creditors on monthly basis;
- Managing Leave entitlements and payments and updating the Leave database;
- Attending to payroll related queries and resolving all payroll discrepancies;
- Monitoring the contracts of employees, i.e. Contract, Casual, Temporary and Permanent staff;
- Reconciling all payroll transactions;
- Preparing monthly and year end salaries reports;
- Preparing and timely delivery of pay slips;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and that all statutory requirements are remitted timeously every month;
- Pension Fund administration- i.e. ensuring that all records are processed in the month they occur, i.e. new members joining, resignations and terminations;
- Regular filing and archiving of payroll information;
- Working closely with the Human Resources Section and Bursary Department.
Skills and Attributes
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to work with figures and meeting deadlines;
- Superior interpersonal , excellent written and verbal communication skills and
- Appreciation and knowledge of general payroll practices, procedures and operations.
NB: FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Scanned copies in a single continuous file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be send to the postal and email address shown below. For more information, kindly visit our website on www.buse.ac.zw/vacancies.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar – Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Monday, 26 April 2021. For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”