Qualifications and Experience
Applicants are invited from mature persons or persons with at least 5 “O” Levels including English Language. A Certificate in Security Guard Training is a must. The candidate should have a minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in security guarding, with no criminal record and must be physically fit. The suitable candidate should be able to demonstrate work of exceptional quality, have a pleasant personality, a positive and helpful attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Making security checks on buildings, property and the surrounding environment;
- Crowd control;
- Take possessions of exhibits and material of evidence value;
- Record keeping;
- Guarding University property on vital points;
- Carrying out searches where necessary;
- Manning entrance and exit points;
- Fire fighting, disaster management and carrying out first aid;
- Booking visitors at entry points;
- Record incoming and outgoing equipment;
- Writing weekly reports;
- Reporting all unusual events and
- Attending to scenes of crime and assisting in carrying out investigations at university campuses and/or in cases in which the university is a victim;
- Arresting and confining suspects/accused pending handing over to police;
- Accounting for all lost, stolen or found property;
- Summoning suspects/accused persons in aid of the criminal justice system and for university disciplinary hearings;
- Giving evidence or testifying in criminal or civil courts;
- Assisting the Chief Security Officer in the preparation of case files or dockets
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Superiors from time to time.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Applications should be submitted in PDF Format to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Applications should include an Application letter, certified copies of Educational Certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and working experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three (3) referees including email addresses. Visit the University’s website on www.buse.ac.zw/vacancies.
If you intend to submit hard copies, applications should clearly indicate the “Post applied for” and submitted to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar – Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for applications is Monday, 22 February 2021. For more information phone (066210) 7531-2, 842711 (066210) 6230.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”