Applicants are invited for the following posts within the University:
Secretary – (8 Posts)
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have at least 5 “O” Levels including English Language and National or Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies or an equivalent qualification from a reputable institution. The applicants must have at least one (1) year post qualification experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidates should:
- Be able to type 35 words per minute, 80 words per minute Shorthand/Dictaphone or equivalent;
- Creating, updating, maintaining and keeping departmental database, files and filing system;
- Assisting in the recruitment and selection of staff;
- Assisting in servicing committees;
- Assisting with day to day efficient operation of the office
- Maintaining the Head of Department’s diary;
- Making travel arrangements for the Head of Department and expatriates;
- Typing correspondences;
- Answering telephone, sorting, distributing mail and
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Have good organizational skills;
- Be able to plan, manage and coordinate events;
- Be highly competent in Information Technology and
- Be mature, hardworking, reliable and well groomed
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
If you meet the above criteria and you have the drive, send your application letter, certified copies of Educational and Professional Certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses in PDF format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line.
The send the hard copies to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar – Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Monday, 22 March 2021. For more information phone (0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”