The Manager – Procurement Services is the University’s agent for acquiring all materials, services, supplies, equipment and real property and provides leadership and direction through management of a comprehensive and coordinated program of procurement, inventory and material control activities including purchasing, property control, sales and acquisition, risk management and insurance and contract administration. The Procumbent Manager shall report to the Accounting Officer (Vice Chancellor).
The applicant must be a holder of at least a Master of Science Degree in Supply Chain Management; a Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply or Business Administration or Accounting. The applicant must also possess professional qualifications in Procurement/Purchasing or Supply Chain Management such as Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) Graduate Diploma. In addition, the applicant must be a member of Zimbabwe Institute of Purchase and Supply (ZIPS) or Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
Applicants must have at least ten (10) years working experience as a Procurement Manager, Buyer or Purchasing Agent. A Drivers’ Licence is a must to the successful candidate.
- Developing the University Procurement Plan;
- Ensure that the University obtains quality products at competitive prices in a timely manner;
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing and distributing;
- Perform Cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks;
- Overseeing the Procurement Process;
- Preparing Evaluation and Procurement Reports;
- Managing and Co-ordinating Procurement Agents;
- Advising the Procurement Management Unit on Tender Issues;
- Preparing Contract Documents and Overseeing Management of Procurement;
- Servicing Procurement Management Unit;
- Supervising Staff in the Procurement Unit;
- Monitor business trends and product availability;
- goods and maintaining stock levels;
- Managing the Daily Operations of the Procurement Unit and
- Any Other Duties as May be Assigned by the Accounting Officer.
Minimum Essential Skills Required
- Strong understanding of the Public Procurement Systems and Processes (PPDPA Act Chapter 22:23) and supply chain management procedures;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and suppliers at all levels in order to provide an effective service
- Ability to manage and lead a team of individuals;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good negotiator;
- Sound analytic skills;
- Good decision making skills;
- Strong commercial and contract awareness ability;
- Experience of establishing and maintaining suitable supplier relationships;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and able to work independently and prioritise workloads, and Experience of leading or clear involvement in complex business programmes.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Friday, 31 May 2019. For more information phone (0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”