Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants should hold a Masters Degree in Optometry and a Bachelor of Science degree in Ophthalmic Optics or Optometry. A PhD in Optometry or related field is an added advantage. Applicants must have a minimum of two years university experience teaching Optometry courses. Proven record of publications and ability to mobilize funds will be added advantages. The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications; clearly specifying titles of publications, journal names, volumes, page numbers details, dates published, name(s) of publishers and name(s) of co-authors if any. Publications should be categorized into: books, monographs, refereed and non-refereed journals, chapters in books, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applicants must be able to teach at least six of the following courses at undergraduate level:Human Anatomy and Physiology, Foundation Mathematics, Introductory Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Introduction to Optometry, Geometrical Optics, Psychology in Health Care, Microbiology, Ocular Anatomy and Physiology, Ocular Pathology, Binocular Vision, Clinical Optometry, Ophthalmic Optics and Dispensing, Clinical Optometry Instrumentation, Contact Lenses, General and Ocular Pharmacology, Physiological Optics, Contact Lens Clinic, Clinical Optometry, Paediatric and Geriatric Optometry, Binocular Vision Practical, Practice Management and Jurisprudence, Contact Lens Clinic, Clinical Medicine in Optometry, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Low Vision, Environmental and Occupational Optometry, Advances in Optometry. (The Department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching.);
- To provide academic leadership to the Department.
- Initiate, guide and contribute basic and applied research in the Department;
- Supervise undergraduate students in their fields of specialisation and conduct collaborative research.
- Participate in university service and community engagement.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Send six (6) copies of the application consisting of the documents listed above to:
Bindura University of Science Education
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 27 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualifying female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”