Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
A Bachelor of Science in Optometry degree passed with at least a lower second (2.2) class attained within the last 2 years. Five (5) ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language, Science and Mathematics. At least 2 years post qualification experience working in a hospital or an eye clinic. The candidate should be registered with Pharmacist Council of Zimbabwe and must have a current Practising Certificate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate should be able to: document history including complaint and relevant symptoms, ocular health, medication usage, medical and family history, current vision aide if applicable, and any other pertinent data;
- Examine eyes using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, coordination and focus;
- Examine eyes and visual system, diagnose problems or impairments, prescribe corrective lenses, and provide treatment;
- Analyse test results and develop/implement a management plan; prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids;
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors;
- Consult with and refer patients to ophthalmologist or other health care practitioner if additional medical treatment as appropriate;
- Prescribe therapeutic procedures to correct or conserve vision;
- Provide vision therapy and low vision rehabilitation;
- Organize outreach services and perform other official duties that may be assigned.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Send six (6) copies of the application consisting of the documents listed above to:
Bindura University of Science Education
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 27 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualifying female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”