First Name:Lillias Hamufari Natsai
Contact Address:2282 Rodgers Mangena, Ruwa, Harare, Cell: 0773 239 164,
Office number:B34 FSE
Research Area:Mathematics Education
Doctor of Philosophy (University of Kwazulu natal, August 2015 to April 2019)
Masters of science Education in Mathematics (Bindura University, 2006-2008)
Bachelor of Science Education Honours Degree in Mathematics (Bindura University, 2001-2004)
Diploma in education in Mathematics (Gweru Teachers College, 1994 – 1995)
UNIVERSITY WORKING EXPERIENCE
Institution Position From To
Bindura University Of Science Ed. Lecturer Feb 2010 To date
Bindura University Of Science Ed. Assistant lecturer Aug 2006 Dec 2007
- Mutambara, L.H.N; and Bansilal, S. (2019). An exploratory study on the understanding of the vector subspace concept. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education,1(20),1-13.
- Mutambara, L.H.N; and Bansilal, S. (2018). Abstraction of vector space conceptsts. In S. Stewart, C., Andrews-Larson, A. Berman, & M. Zandieh, Challenges and Strategies in Teaching Linear Algebra. Netherlands: Springer.
- Mutambara, L. H. N., Phoshoko, M., & Nyaumwe, L. J. (2017) A Comparison of South African and Zimbabwean Secondary School Mathematics Teacher Education Programs: Insight from Theoretical Expositions of Programmes. International Journal of Emerging Trends in Science and Technology. Vol.03 Issue10 Pages 4704 -4715
- Pagana J, Nyikahadzoyi M, Mutambara L.H.N, Chagwiza C*.(2015). The nature of the gap between the intended and the implemented ordinary level mathematics curriculum: A case study of mashonaland central district. Journal of Educational Studies. vl. n2 p14-21.
- Chagwiza, C. J. Mutambara, L.H.N., Tatira, B., & Nyaumwe,L.J. (2013). An analysis of attitudes and mathematics achievement of ‘O’level pupils: Insight from some Bindura urban secondary schools. International Journal of Academic Research in Progressive Education and Development April 2013, Vol. 2, No. 2 ISSN: 2226-6348
- Chinyoka, M., Mutambara, L.H.N* & Chagwiza, C. J. (2012). Teaching fractions at ordinary level: A case study of mathematics secondary school teachers in Zimbabwe. Educational Research and Reviews, 7(4), 90-101.
- Tatira, B., Mutambara, L.H.N, & Chagwiza, C. J. (2012). The Balobedu Cultural Activities and Plays Pertinent to Primary School Mathematics Learning. International Education Studies, 5(1), 78.
- Tatira, B., Mutambara, L. H. N., Chagwiza, C. J., & Nyaumwe, L. J. (2011). Computerized Summative Assessment of Multiple-choice Questions: Exploring Possibilities with the Zimbabwe School Examination Council Grade 7 Assessments. Computer and Information Science, 4(6), 66.
- Kazunga C., Mutambara L. H. N., & Mapurisa, J. (2011). A carpentry cutting stock problem: A case study of planks cutting in Zimbabwe. Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, 4(13), 18-29
- Mutambara, L & Bansilal, S. (2016). Investigating students conceptions of vector subspaces and concepts in linear algebra: A pilot study, Paper presented at the 24th Annual conference of the Southern African Association for Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education (SAARMSTE), 12 -15 January 2016.
- Mutambara, L & Bansilal, S. (2015). Investigating students conceptions of vector subspaces and concepts in linear algebra: A pilot study, Paper presented at the Tenth Southern Hemisphere Conference on the teaching and learning of Undergraduate Mathematics and Statistics (Delta). Port Elizabeth 22-27 November 2015.
- Southern African Association for Research in Mathematics Science Education and Technology (SAARMSTE) Research Clinic 15-16 January 2016, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Mastering the masters workshops done by UKZN at Westville Campus on Use of Endnote, Microsoft word, Microsoft excel and UKZN Database, academic writing, Qualitative data analysis methods, Quantitative Data Analysis Methods, 20 September 2015
- Southern African Association for Research in Mathematics Science education and Technology (SAARMSTE) Research School, 23-26 June 2015, Heia Safari Lounge, Honey Dew, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Workshops and seminars
- University Hour of Worship
- Student Displinary Committee
OWSD ( Organisation for woman in Science for the developing world)