Office G30, FSE Complex, Bindura University of Science Education, Bag 1020, Bindura
Cell:+263 (0) 772 931 248
- Master of Education in Science & Mathematics Education (Biology). University of Zimbabwe, 2007
- Graduate Certificate in Education.. University of Zimbabwe 2001.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Biology & Biochemistry, National University of Science & Technology, Zimbabwe. 1994.
- Lecturer/Biology Educator (March 2010 – Present, Bindura University of Science Education).
- A/Chairperson Department of Science and Mathematics Education, 06 June 2014 to 31 March 2016. (Bindura University of Science Education.)
- Applied Science Education /Teaching Practice Coordinator (01 October 2010 to31 July 2014).
- Science Teacher: (Advanced Level Biology, Physical Science, Integrated Science, Mathematics, General Science, several schools in Zimbabwe).
- Held various positions of responsibility including:
Acting Deputy/Headmaster, Senior Master, Sports Director, Head of Department (Science)
Examiner (ZJC, General Science & ‘O’ Level Integrated Science), Zimbabwe Schools Examination Council.
- National Chief Examiner, Item Writer, Proof Reader (Biology practical Paper, Advanced Level), Zimbabwe Schools Examination Council (ZIMSEC).
- Science Teaching & Learning
- Open & Distance Learning,
- Issues in Science Education,
- STEM Education
- Tambo, L. K., Munakandafa, W., Matswetu, V, S., and Munodawafa, V. (2011). Influence of type of school on self perception of mathematical ability and achievement among girls in secondary school in Harare. Gender and Behaviour, Vol. 9 (2) 3897-3915.
- Mr Crispen Bhukuvhani, Mr Walter Munakandafa, Ms Violet Munodawafa, Mr Alfred Zengeya, Dr. Mathew Mupa. (2012). Addressing Teaching Practice Quality Assurance Issues in
- Open and Distance Learning Science Teacher Training: A Case Study in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Social Science Tomorrow, Vol. 1 (8) pp1-6.
- Munodawafa, V., Munakandafa, W. & Matswetu, V. S. (2011). An exploratory survey of the effects of economic challenges on lecturer quality at a
- Zimbabwean university. Journal of Education, Vol. 1 (2) pp 25-30.
Zengeya-Makuku, Matswetu, V & Munakandafa, W. (2013). The impact of selected instructional factors on the quantity and quality of of computer skills acquisition and use by University students. International Journal of Sciences Research Article. Vol. 2: pp 42-52.
- Matswetu, Munakandafa, W., Munodawafa, V. and Mandoga, E. (2013). Science student teachers’ challenges and coping strategies in an open and distance learning environment: A case study of one district in Zimbabwe. Makerere Journal of Higher Education. Vol. 4 (2): pp 125-137.
- Ramirez, I. Moyo, P. V. , Kusure, L. Munakandafa, W . Hernandez, O. (2017). Challenges Young Universities in Zimbabwe Face to Create and Ensure a Healthy Learning Environment and Academic Excellence. The International Journal of Humanities & Social Studies. Vol. 5 (3): pp 18-22.
SELECTED CONFERENCE, SEMINAR AND WORKSHOP PAPERS
- Research paper titled: Science student teachers’ challenges and coping strategies in an open and distance learning environment: A case study of one district in Zimbabwe. Presented at the 1st Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference, held at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA), Nairobi, Kenya, on June 26-30, 2012.
- Mentoring workshops for the 21st Century Science Educator for Science Teachers in Mashonaland Central Province held at :
Mushumbi High School, 19-20 April 2011, St Albert’s High School, 26-27 April 2011. Chindunduma High Sch, 29-30 April 2011.
- 1st Annual International Interdisciplinary Conference, held at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA), June 27-31, 2012, at the CUEA Main Campus, Langata, Nairobi, KENYA.
- Paper: Students’ expectations and coping strategies in an open and distance learning environment: A case study of one district in Zimbabwe. Matswetu, V. S., Munakandafa, W., Munodawafa, V., and Mandoga, E. (2012).
- Science & Mathematics Teaching Practice Mentoring workshop, Bulawayo Province, 17 October 2014.
- Assessment and Supervision of Teaching Practice: Workshop for Part time
- Assessors, Bindura University of Science Education, 2016.
- Assessment and Supervision of Teaching Practice: Workshop for Part time Assessors, Bindura University of Science Education, 2018.
- 1st National science and mathematics teachers’ conference held at Bindura University of Science Education, Zimbabwe from 5 to 7 September 2012
- 2nd National science and Mathematics conference held at Bindura University of Science Education, Zimbabwe from 20-22 August 2014
EXTERNAL EXAMINATION ASSESSMENT
- Seke Teachers’ College, 2018-Date
- Item Writer, Proof Reader (Biology practical Paper, Advanced Level), Zimbabwe Schools Examination Council (ZIMSEC).
ARTICLE REVIEW AND EDITORSHIP
- Peer Reviewer for the African Educational Research Journal.
- External examiner, Seke Teachers’ College, Environmental Science.
- University Time Table Committee member
- Teaching Practice Coordination member
- Research Board- Faculty Representative member
- Virtual and Open Distance Learning (VODL) Committee member
- Faculty of Science Education Sub-committee on the Partnership of the faculty and Bindura Urban High Schools member
- Virtual and Open Distance Learning (VODL) Mentorship Sub-committee member
- Faculty Planning committee member
- Graduate Employment Committee member