+263 77 638 8419
Office #: B11 FSE Complex
Mr Basira is a lecturer in the department of Statistics and Mathematics. He joined Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) on the 1st of March. Before joining BUSE, Mr Basira worked for Barbican Bank for six years from 1998 to 2004. During his period at Barbican Bank, he rose through the ranks from an Investment Analyst, Head of Research, Fund Manager, to Head of Risk Management. Mr Basira has also previously worked for various institutions such the United Nations (UN) and the Southern Centre for Energy and Environment (SCEE) as a research fellow and University of Zimbabwe as a part time lecturer. At undergraduate level, he researched in the field of econometric modeling based at the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe and Masters Level, he researched in the Application of Kalman Filtering in Long Memory Time Series.Mr Basira is currently (2023) a third year Doctor of Philosophy in Statistics (DPhil) student at the University of Zimbabwe. His area of research is Financial Time Series Analysis. The Thesis working title is the ‘Use of Kalman Filtering in Estimation Long Memory Stochastic Volatility Models and Neural Networks’.
- Time Series Analysis
- Financial Derivatives
- Stochastic Processes
- Neural Networks
- MSc Statistics, University of Zimbabwe (UZ), 1998.
- BSc (Honours), UZ, 1996.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tertiary Education (PGTE), BUSE, 2017.
- K Basira, F Matarise, M Magodora J Mafodya. Appilcation of Kalman Filter in Long Memory Model Estimation: International Journal of Statistics and Analysis 3 (s2): 135- 158, 2012.
- K Basira, I W Chirume, J Masanganise, T Mapuwei. An Investigation on the Impact of Derivatives on Traded Turnover on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange and Banks Profitability 2009 – 2012. International Journal of Sciences: Basics and Applied Research 9 (s4): 98- 117, 2014.
- K Basira, and Z Ndemo. University Students’ Conceptualisation of Inferential Statistics. International Journal of Mathematics Education 2(3): 140-152, 2014.
- M Magodora, K Basira, P Sibanda. Double Diffusive Heat and Mass Transfer over a Vertical Plate in the presence of a Chemical Reaction: International Journal of science and Research Publications 3(2): 235 – 244 2013.
- J Masanganise, K Basira, B Chipindu, E Mashonjowa, T Mhizha. Testing the Utility of a Crop Growth Simulation Model in Predicting Maize Yield in a Changing Climate in Zimbabwe: International Journal of Agricultural and Food Science 3(4): 157 -163 2013.
- M Magodora, K Basira, T Mapuwei, J Masanganise. Variational Methods in a Thin Shell Problem. International Journal of Science and research Vol. 3(5) May 2014
- J Masanganise , B Chipindu, T Mhizha, K Basira. An Evaluation of the Performance of Global Climate Models for Predicting Temperatures and Rainfall in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Scientific Research Publications 3 1-11 2013.
- J Masanganise, M Magodora, T Mapuwei, K Basira. An Assessment of CMIP5 Global Climate Model Performance Using Probability Density Functions and a Metric Method. Science Insights. An International Journal 4(1) 1-8 2013.
- H Nyakotyo, E Muchuweni, MT Magama, S Ndlovu, K Basira. An Energy Saving Potential Analysis in a Residential Building in Cape Town South Africa with Emphasis on Daylight Radiation and Thermal Performance. International Journal of Physics and Application 4(1): 37-53 2011. 2012
- J Masanganise, T Mapuwei, M Magodora, K Multi Models Projections of Temperature and rainfall under Representative Concentration Pathways in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Science and Technology ISSN 23489480, June 2014.
- T Mapuwei, M Magodora, J Masanganise, K Basira. An Operations Research study on low uptake of Male Circumcision among University students. Asian Academic Research Journal of Social sciences and Humanities. Vol 1(25), July 2014.
- D Dziva, LP Kusure, K Basira. Attrition of Pre-service Student Science Teachers under the Virtual Open Distance Learning (VODL) mode at Bindura University of Science Education in Zimbabwe. Educational Journal of the University of Patras, UNESCO, CHAIR. Volume 2(2)- 2015.
- M Magodora, K Basira, T Mapuwei, J Masanganise. Adoption and Integration of ICT in the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics. International Journal of Emerging Trends in Science and Technology research Vol. 3(9) May 2016
- Mutema1, K. Basira, D. Savadye and W. Parawira, Assessment of Oyster Mushroom Production and Profitability in Harare Urban and Periurban Areas (RUWA), Zimbabwe. Tanzania Journal of Science 45(1): 114-130, 2019
- Ebiwonjumi, R. Chifurira, K. Chinhamu and K. Basira, (2023) Estimating Economic Growth for Nigeria in the Presence of Outliers and Influential values: A Quantile Regression Approach (Paper Accepted – Frontiers of Mathematical Finance, Paper ID: 230121)
- Basirai; R, Chifurira and K. Chinhamu (2023) Stock Market Analysis Using Volatility Models Approach: Evidence from Zimbabwe Stock Exchange 2009 to 2022. (Paper submitted, May 2023)