A First Degree in Marketing or any other equivalent qualification.
Managers are facing increasingly complex challenges, having to contend with rapid changes stemming from constant obsolescence of their products, the necessity for rapid response to their markets and moving fast when faced with opportunities. This situation is exacerbated by most of these challenges being of a discontinuous nature and increasingly requiring inputs across the organisation, across various organisations or even across various countries. The Master of science in Marketing degree [MMkt](with specialisations in digital marketing, green marketing and sport marketing) thus aims at equipping the manager with marketing management skills beyond those attained at the First-Degree level. Graduates from the MMkt (Marketing) will be able to craft marketing strategies that addresses the specific needs of his/her organisation. They would have cutting edge specialised marketing skills and will be recognised as specialised marketing gurus capable of enhancing and sustaining firm’s survival, competitiveness and viability in a turbulent environment.
- To equip students with up to date skills in digital, sport and green marketing so that the students become change agents in their spheres of work thus contributing to national development
- To equip students with cutting edge skills that enables them to viably run companies at national and international level
- To bridge the existing gap between theory and practical application in the field of marketing. To this end, the program is designed to be as practical as possible with expected tangible results
- To equip students with knowledge and skills to make effective and transformational marketing related managerial decisions.
- To equip students with skills on use of quantitative logic so that they generate creative solutions to marketing managerial problems.
- To equip students with knowledge and skills to generate new marketing products and services.
- To equip students with skills to communicate effectively and to present ideas using an array of personal and non-personal communication channels.
- To equip students with analysis skills so that students are able to analyse marketing managerial information and situations and make effective and appropriate responsive decisions
- To equip students with ethical principles so that they are able to consistently maintain professional integrity and uphold organizational values.
- After the successful completion of the MMkt programme students will be able to:
- Develop and apply specialised marketing management skills in small and big entities alike;
- Distinguish marketing management skills applicable to different environments
- Anticipate and react to new developments in marketing management that has a bearing on both the local and international developments
- Conduct and analyse research on areas covered in the degree program
- Ability to use knowledge and skills drawn from different disciplines to make effective and transformational marketing related managerial decisions.
- Ability to use quantitative logic to generate creative solutions to marketing managerial problems.
- Ability to use acquired knowledge and skills to generate new marketing products and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to present ideas using an array of personal and non-personal communication channels.
- Ability to analyses marketing managerial information and situations and make effective and appropriate responsive decisions
- Ability to consistently maintain professional integrity and uphold organizational values.
- Ability to use acquired knowledge and skills generate new marketing products and services.
Graduates from the MMkt (Marketing) will be specialists who can pursue managerial careers such as being Managing Directors, Marketing Directors, Digital Marketing Managers, Chief Operating Officers and General Managers in private, public sectors and non-profit making organisations as well as sport-oriented organizations.
- Further studies
Doctoral studies in Marketing
- Entrepreneurship prospects
Initiating Digital marketing, sport marketing and green marketing entrepreneurships
Sport marketing, Digital marketing and Green markeing
Innovative, Research, Conceptual and Entrepreneurial Skills development focused managerial training.
Knowledge and Skills acquisition, development and application in marketing related managerial settings through creative teaching and learning experiences