The Library Assistant assists in performing a limited scope of library tasks in such areas as circulation, acquisitions, binding, ICT and any other related areas.
Qualifications and Experience
The incumbent should have a minimum qualification of a National Diploma in Library and Information Science. At least two (2) years post qualification experience in an academic or research library. Knowledge and experience with Library Management Systems (LMS) and other information and communication technologies used in libraries is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs circulation desk routines;
- Shelving and shelf-reading library materials;
- Assists users to locate and retrieve material on the shelves and online;
- Assists in the annual inventory of library materials;
- Assists in internal mending of library materials;
- Performs accessioning labelling, and ownership marking of library materials;
- Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices;
- Assists in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring performance of library ICT gadgets;
- Performs library duties at night during the week as well as on Saturdays and Sundays;
- Performs any library related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or Librarian.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Send six (6) copies of the application consisting of the documents listed above to:
Bindura University of Science Education
P. Bag 1020
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 4 October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualifying female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line.
Science for Human Development”