Qualifications and Experience:
- A PhD in Zoology/Animal Science/Freshwater Biology or related discipline;
- At least one (1) year University teaching experience or comparable institution;
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have demonstrable knowledge of teaching and research in Zoology/Animal Science/Freshwater Biology and related courses;
- The curriculum vitae (CV) should contain a detailed list of publications, dates published, name(s) of journal and name(s) of co-authors if any.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Teach the following courses: Invertebrate Biology, Diversity of Life, Freshwater Biology, Animal Physiology and other courses in Biological Sciences;
- To contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialisation;
- Supervise Masters and MPhil/PhD students;
- Initiate, develop and conduct research independently and jointly;
- Provide academic leadership and perform any other duties assigned by the Department.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources.
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 14 February 2022. For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”