Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must have
- At least a Master’s Degree in Irrigation Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, or related field;
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Engineering;
- A PhD will be an added advantage;
- Teaching experience at tertiary level and publications in related field or hands-on irrigation designer with traceable record of designed irrigation projects;
- Membership of a professional body such as the Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate should be able to teach the following courses: Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Hydrology, Soil Mechanics and Cultivations, Engineering Surveying and other Agricultural Engineering related courses. The Department reserves the right to allocate courses for teaching;
- To contribute to the achievement of Education 5.0 by the Department through University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialisation;
- The successful candidate will be expected to supervise students’ research/design projects and contribute to industrial training of students.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 28 February 2022. For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”