- PhD. Environmental Studies, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.. (Pending)
- MSc. Environmental Physics, Bindura University of Science Education.
- BSc. Environmental Science Honours degree (Pollution Science). Bindura University of Science Education
- Certificate: IT2013, Computer Applications for the Analysis & Management of Natural Resources: Geomatics, UNU-INRA-OU/CM in Yaoundé, Cameroon, 2013.
- Certificate: Short course on GIS and Remote Sensing Applications for the water sector, UNESCO-IHE,2010
- Certificate: Engineered Cover Systems for Landfills and Hazardous Mine Waste Disposal.
- Mabhungu, L., Adam, E. and Newete, S.W., 2019. Monitoring of phytoremediating wetland macrophytes using remote sensing: the case of common reed (phragmites australis (cav.) Trin. Ex steud.) And the giant reed (arundo donax l.). A. Applied Ecology and Environmental Research, 17(4), pp.7957-7972.
- Dudu V.P., Masamha B., Mapfaire L., Machingura B., Chivuraise G., 2013, Onsite Bioremediation Using Bio Gel on Petroleum Hydrocarbons Contaminated Soil in Zimbabwe. Environmental Management and Sustainable Development, Vol 2, No 1
- Muchuweni E., Nyakotyo H., Ndlovu S., Magama M. T. and Mapfaire L., 2013, A water quality assessment prior to the disposal of domestic sewage and industrial effluents at a kwekwe based effluent treatment plant, zimbabwe, Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa, Volume 15, No.3,
- Dudu V. P., Mapfaire L., Masamha B., Kanda A., Nemadire S., 2013, Characterization of Particulate Matter from Power Plant Stack Emissions in Southern Zimbabwe, Atmospheric and Climate Sciences, 3, 313-320
- Masona C., Mapfaire L., Mapurazi S., 2011, Assessment of Heavy Metal Accumulation in wastewater Irrigated Soil and Uptake by Maize Plants (Zea Mays L) at Firle Farm in Harare. Journal of Sustainable Development Vol. 4, No. 6;