Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should have a minimum of Five (5) “O” Levels including English Language. In addition the applicants must have a National Diploma in Professional Cookery/National Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality/Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management/Diploma in Hotel and Catering Studies/Diploma in Hotel and Catering Management/Diploma in Professional Cooking and Culinary Arts.Five (5) years relevant post qualification experience as a cook is a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check freshness of food and ingredients,
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers;
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food;
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals;
- Inspect supplies, equipment and work areas for cleanliness and functionality;
- Hire, train and supervise cooks and other food preparation workers;
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies and Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Kindly visit our website on https://www.buse.ac.zw/index.php/vacancies. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Friday, 12 April 2019. For more information phone (0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.