FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have at least a Diploma in Accounting, or related field. The incumbent should also have knowledge of Farm Accounting, be highly computer literate and proficient in Pastel Accounting package, versatile with statutory requirements related to farming. Post qualification experience of two (2) or more years in a Farm setup is an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate shall have the following duties and responsibilities among others:
- Daily updating of books of accounts including the Cashbook;
- Raising receipts, invoices, GRVs related documents;
- Processing payments;
- Manning all farm sales, stocks and assets;
- Petty cash management;
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements;
- Handling internal and external audits;
- Posting entries in the accounting system (Pastel);
- Debtors and creditors management;
- Preparing Financial Statements and related reports for the Farm Board;
- Advising the Farm Manager on financial matters;
- Preparing livestock reconciliations;
- Preparing the payroll;
- Computations and remittances of statutory deductions (NSSA, NEC, Union fees);
- Preparing farm budgets and variance analysis reports;
- Cash-flow management;
- Filing of Farm documents;
- Implementing financial obligations on farm contracts and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Farm Manager.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Applications should be submitted in PDF Format to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Applications should include an Application letter, certified copies of Educational Certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and working experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three (3) referees including email addresses. Visit the University’s website on www.buse.ac.zw/vacancies.
If you intend to submit hard copies, applications should clearly indicate the “Post applied for” and submitted to:
The Senior Assistant Registrar – Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for applications is Monday, 01 March 2021. For more information phone (066210) 7531-2, 842711 (066210) 6230.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”