Mr. Kisswell Basira is the chairperson of the Mathematics and Physics Department at Bindura University of Science Education. Before, Mr. Basira worked for Barbican Bank for five years. During his period at Barbican Bank, he rose through the ranks from an Investment Analyst, Head of Research, Fund Manager, to Head of Risk Management. Mr. Basira also worked for various institutions such the University of Zimbabwe as a part time lecturer, United Nations and Southern Centre for Energy and Environment (SCEE) as a Research Fellow.
Mr. Basira graduated from the University of Zimbabwe, first in 1997 with a BSc. Honours degree in Statistics passed with an upper second class (2.1). At that stage he researched in the field of econometric modeling based at the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe. Basira went on to graduate at same University in 1999 with a Masters degree in Statistics with a ‘Merit’. At Masters Level, he researched in the Application of Kalman Filtering in Long Memory Time Series.
- K Basira, F Matarise, M Magodora J Mafodya. Appilcation of Kalman Filter in Long Memory Model Estimation: International Journal of Statistics and Analysis 3 (s2): 135- 158, 2012.
- K Basira, I W Chirume, J Masanganise, T Mapuwei. An Investigation on the Impact of Derivatives on Traded Turnover on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange and Banks Profitability 2009 – 2012. International Journal of Sciences: Basics and Applied Research 9 (s4): 98- 117, 2014.
- K Basira, and Z Ndemo. University Students’ Conceptualisation of Inferential Statistics. International Journal of Mathematics Education 2(3): 140-152, 2014.
- M Magodora, K Basira, P Sibanda. Double Diffusive Heat and Mass Transfer over a Vertical Plate in the presence of a Chemical Reaction: International Journal of science and Research Publications 3(2): 235 – 244 2013.
- J Masanganise, K Basira, B Chipindu, E Mashonjowa, T Mhizha. Testing the Utility of a Crop Growth Simulation Model in Predicting Maize Yield in a Changing Climate in Zimbabwe: International Journal of Agricultural and Food Science 3(4): 157 -163 2013.
- M Magodora, K Basira, T Mapuwei, J Masanganise. Variational Methods in a Thin Shell Problem. International Journal of Science and research Vol. 3(5) May 2014
- J Masanganise, B Chipindu, T Mhizha, K Basira. An Evaluation of the Performance of Global Climate Models for Predicting Temperatures and Rainfall in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Scientific Research Publications 3 1-11 2013.
- J Masanganise, M Magodora, T Mapuwei, K Basira. An Assessment of CMIP5 Global Climate Model Performance Using Probability Density Functions and a Metric Method. Science Insights. An International Journal 4(1) 1-8 2013.
- H Nyakotyo, E Muchuweni, M.T. Magama, S Ndlovu, K Basira. An Energy Saving Potential Analysis in a Residential Building in Cape Town South Africa with Emphasis on Daylight Radiation and Thermal Performance. International Journal of Physics and Application 4(1): 37-53 2011.
- J Masanganise, T Mapuwei, M Magodora, K Basira. Multi Models Projections of Temperature and rainfall under Representative Concentration Pathways in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Science and Technology ISSN 23489480, June 2014.
- T Mapuwei, M Magodora, J Masanganise, K Basira. An Operations Research study on low uptake of Male Circumcision among University students. Asian Academic Research Journal of Social sciences and Humanities. Vol 1(25), July 2014.
- D Dziva, LP Kusure, K Basira. Attrition of Pre-service Student Science Teachers under the Virtual Open Distance Learning (VODL) mode at Bindura University of Science Education in Zimbabwe. Educational Journal of the University of Patras, UNESCO, CHAIR. Volume 2(2) – 2015