- PhD in Disaster Management (BUSE)
- MSc in Natural Resources Management and Environmental Sustainability (BUSE)
- Bachelor of Science Education Degree in Geography and Mathematics (BUSE)
- Certificate in Disaster Risk Reduction (Northumbria University)
- Certificate in Managing risk in the face of Climate Change
- Certificate in GIS and Remote Sensing (BUSE)
Membership to Professional Bodies
Member of the African Alliance for Disaster Research Institutes (AADRI)
- 2020-2021: Building Resilience to Natural Disasters in Populated African Mountain Ecosystems: The Case of Tropical Cyclone Idai In Chimanimani, Zimbabwe with TSURO Trust, Consortium of Zimbabwe Universities, International Researchers, NGOs, & other Stakeholders
- 2018-2020: Enhancing Disaster Preparedness in Most Vulnerable Flood-Prone Districts of Zimbabwe through Multi-Level Capacity Building; ECHO HIP with World Vision Zimbabwe.
- Munsaka E, Mudavanhu C, Sakala L.C., and Manjeru P. (2021) When Disaster Risk Management Systems Fail: The Case of Cyclone Idai in Chimanimani District, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Disaster Risk Science 12(3):1-11.
- Manyangadze T., Mavhura E, Mudavanhu C. and Pedzisai E. (2021) An exploratory analysis of the spatial variation of malaria cases and associated household socio-economic factors in flood-prone areas of Mbire district, Zimbabwe. GeoJournal DOI: 10.1007/s10708-021-10505-3
- Manyangadze T., Mavhura E, Mudavanhu C. and Pedzisai E. (under review and revisions were submitted) “Flood inundation mapping in data-scarce areas: a case of Mbire District, Zimbabwe. Geography and Environment – Manuscript ID GEO-21-06-0024.
- Mudavanhu C, Chanza N and Kasimba R (2021-under review) Book Chapter. Community-based Resilience to Climate Change and Variability in Chimanimani District, Zimbabwe.
- Mavhura E., Manyangadze T., Mudavanhu C. and Pedzisai E. (2020) An assessment of riparian communities’ preparedness to flood risk: the case of Mbire communities in Zimbabwe. GeoJournal https://doi.org/10.1007/s10708-020-10329-7
- Mudavanhu C, Manyangadze T, Mavhura E, Pedzisai E and Manatsa D (2020) Rural households’ vulnerability and risk of flooding in Mbire District, Zimbabwe” Journal of Natural Hazards. DOI: 10.1007/s11069-020-04145-y.
- Chanza N., Siyongwana P Q, Williams-Bruinders L, Gundu-Jakarasi V, Mudavanhu C, Sithole V B & Manyani A. (2020) Closing the Gaps in Disaster Management Response: Drawing from Local Experiences with Cyclone Idai in Chimanimani, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Disaster Risk Science https://doi.org/10.1007/s13753-020-00290-x
- Chidakwa P.; Mabhena C; Mucherera B; Chikuni J; and Mudavanhu C (2020) Women’s Vulnerability to Climate Change: Gender-skewed Implications on Agrobased Livelihoods in Rural Zvishavane, Zimbabwe. Indian Journal of Gender Studies, SAGE 27:2 (259-281) DOI: 10.1177/0971521520910969.
- Mudavanhu C (2019) “Adults’ Attitudes towards Children’s Participation in Disaster Risk Management in Zimbabwe.” Children, Youth and Environments 29 (1):42-56. doi:10.7721/chilyoutenvi.29.1.0042.
- Bongo, P.P., Dziruni, G. & Muzenda-Mudavanhu,, (2018) ‘The effectiveness of community-based rehabilitation as a strategy for improving quality of life and disaster resilience for children with disability in rural Zimbabwe’, Jàmbá: Journal of Disaster Risk Studies 10(1).
- Manyani, A., Chagweda, K., Muzenda-Mudavanhu, C., and Chanza, N. (2017) Indigenous-Based Practices of Adapting To Climate Change : Reflections From Chirumhanzu , Zimbabwe, 11(7): 1–13.
- Bongo, P.P., Dodo, E. and Muzenda-Mudavanhu, C. (2017) Exploring the Role of Indigenous Knowledge in Flood Disaster Risk Reduction in Zimbabwe‘, accepted for publication in International Journal of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education, 4(4)
- Muzenda-Mudavanhu C., Manyena B., Collins A. E. (2016) Disaster risk reduction knowledge among children in Muzarabani District, Zimbabwe. Natural Hazards, 84(2), 911-931.
- Muzenda- Mudavanhu C. (2016) A review of Children’s participation in Disaster risk reduction. Jàmbá: Journal of Disaster Risk Studies; 8(1). doi: 10.4102/jamba.v8i1.218
- Mushore ,T , D. Manatsa, E. Pedzisai, Muzenda-Mudavanhu, W. Mushore and I. Kudzotsa (2016) Investigating the implications of meteorological indicators of seasonal rainfall performance on maize yield in a rain-fed agricultural system: case study of Mt. Darwin District in Zimbabwe. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. DOI 10.1007/s00704-016-1838-2.
- Mudavanhu C, Manyena SB, Collins A E, Bongo P, Mavhura E, Manatsa D (2015) Taking children’s voices in disaster risk reduction a step forward. International Journal of Disaster Risk Science. www.ijdrs.com DOI 10.1007/s13753-015-0060-7 www.springer.com/13753.
- Mudavanhu, C. and Bongo P.P. (2015) Children’s Lived Experiences of Coping with Natural Disasters: Lessons from Floods and Droughts in Muzarabani District, Zimbabwe. Children, Youth and Environments 25(3), 196-203.
- Manatsa D., Mudavanhu, TD Mushore, E Mavhura (2015) Linking major shifts in East Africa ‘short rains’ to the Southern Annular Mode. International Journal of Climatology.
- Manatsa D., C. Matarira, T.D. Mushore, Mudavanhu (2015) Southern Africa winter temperature shifts and their link to the Southern Annular Mode. Climate Dynamics 45(9-10):2337-2350.
- Mudavanhu C. (2014) ‘The impact of flood disasters on child education in Muzarabani District, Zimbabwe’, Jàmbá: Journal of Disaster Risk Studies 6(1), Art. #138, 8 pages. http://dx.doi. org/10.4102/jamba.v6i1.138.
- Mavuna L., Mudavanhu C. and Svotwa E (2014) An assessment of the effectiveness of food aid in hunger alleviation in Mutare District: A case for ward 29 International Journal of Development Research Vol. 4, Issue, 8, pp. 1584-1589
- Ncube-Phiri, S., Mudavanhu, C. & Mucherera, B., (2014) ‘The complexity of maladaptation strategies to disasters: The case of Muzarabani, Zimbabwe’, Jàmbá: Journal of Disaster Risk Studies 6(1), Art. #145, 11 pages. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.4102/jamba.v6i1.145
- Mudavanhu C and Chitsika T. (2013) Coping With and Adapting To Food Shortages and Adversities in Semi-Arid Regions of Zimbabwe: The Case of Chivi District. International Journal of Innovative Environmental Studies Research 1 (2):27-39 www.seahipub.org
- Mudavanhu C, Zinyandu T, Mudavanhu N, Mazorodze S, Chinyanganya TP, Manyani A, Maponga R, Pedzisai E, Phiri S (2013) Smallholder gardening as a sustainable livelihood strategy in Chikwanda communal lands, Gutu, Zimbabwe. Global Advanced Research Journal of Peace, Gender and Development Studies (GARJPGDS) 2(1) pp. 001-013, http://www.garj.org/garjpgds/index.htm
- Mushore T. D., Muzenda-Mudavanhu C. and Makovere T. (2013) Effectiveness of Drought Mitigation Strategies in Bikita District, Zimbabwe. International Journal of Environmental Protection and Policy. 1(4):101-107. doi: 10.11648/j.ijepp.20130104.19.
- Pedzisai E., Chingombe W., Manyani A., Zinyandu T., Katsvanga C.A.T., Chipunza Matarira C.H., Mazorodze S., Mudavanhu C., Chinyanganya T.P. (2012) Addressing Socio-Economic Challenges of Science Teacher Training Through Virtual and Open Distance Learning in Zimbabwe. Basic Research Journal Education Research and Review ISSN 2315-6872 Vol. 1(4) pp. 60-70
- Mudavanhu N., Dzomba P., Mudavanhu C. and Mazorodze S. (2013) Occupational safety and environmental risks scenario of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): An Analysis of the Situation in Harare Chemical Industries, Zimbabwe.Science Domain International.
- Manyena S. B., Mavhura E, Muzenda C and Mabaso E. (2013) Disaster Risk Reduction Legislations: Is there a Move from Events to Processes? Global Environmental Change, Elsevier journal homepage: elsevier.com/locate/gloenvcha
- Mudavanhu, N, C Mudavanhu, P Dzomba, F Kausiyo, T D Mushore, T P Chinyanganya (2013) Development of a model regional emergency response plan for a mining town: The case of Bindura, Zimbabwe. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology 06/2013; 4(6):2319-2399.
- Mudavanhu C and Mandizvidza C (2013) Sustaining rural livelihoods through donor funded agricultural inputs scheme in Zimbabwe: The case of Goromonzi District. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research Volume 2, Issue 8 Issn 2277-8616.
Conferences and Workshops
- Attended the 8th AFRICA REGIONAL PLATFORM for DISASTER RISK REDUCTION Conference Session: Higher Education Contributions towards a Resilient Africa (2021)- Virtual
- Virtual Session Chair during the ‘2nd Disaster and Development Society Conference hosted by Northumbria University UK (2021)
- Session Chair during the Intercontinental and Virtual 5th Global Summit of GADRI: Engaging Sciences with Action31st August to 1st September 2021
- Presented two papers and chaired a session during the Southern African Society for Disaster Reduction from 17-19 October 2018, Durban in South Africa.
- Presented and panel member during the SADC Regional Disaster Risk Reduction Conference from the 26th to 28th March 2018 in Pretoria South Africa representing vulnerable groups (women and children).
- Attended the SARUA Curriculum Capacity Development workshop on the Southern Africa MSc in Climate Change and Sustainable Development from the 26 to 30th September 2016 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Attended the International Workshop on Mitigation of Disasters due to Severe Climate Events: From Policy to Practice Colombo, Sri Lanka, 10-13 March 2016 and presented a paper on Children’s Experiences of Participation and Resilience to Flooding: Insights from Muzarabani, Zimbabwe.
- Mudavanhu C. (2011) Overview of Disasters in Muzarabani: Disaster Education and Community Resilience Workshop (21-27May 2011) Bindura University of Science Education (presented).
- Mavhura E and. Mudavanhu C Progress on Disaster Risk Reduction in Zimbabwe (28 November 2011) Glamorgan University, Cardiff United Kingdom (paper presented).
- Mudavanhu C and Phiri S. (2013) An Analysis of Current Disaster Risk Reduction Interventions in Chadereka Using the Pressure and Release Model (Paper presented-16 Pages). Disaster Education and Community Resilience International Conference 26-27 March 2013, Bindura University
- Mudavanhu C. (2012) Disaster Education and Community Resilience in Zimbabwe – Southern Africa DELPHE Networking Workshop, Lilongwe, Malawi 3 December 2012
- Mudavanhu C (2014) Presented a paper on Children’s Understanding of Disaster Risk and their Participation in DRR in Muzarabani Zimbabwe during the 2nd Biennial Conference Post 2015: Drivers, Scales and Context of Disaster Risk in the SADC Region, Windhoek, Namibia, 6 – 8 October 2014.
- Certificate of Facilitation in the DELPHE Workshop: Disaster Education and Community Resilience in Zimbabwe and Bangladesh (May 2011) Bindura University of Science Education
- Certificate of Facilitation in the DELPHE International Disaster Risk Conference (held 26-27 March 2013) at Bindura University of Science Education 12. Participated in the FAO Risk Profiling Workshop at Rainbow Towers, Harare (16-17 December, 2014).
- Towards Resilient Urban Communities International Conference – 17-19 September 2014, Rainbow Towers, Harare.