Phone number: 0772748158, 0734083470
Mrs Tariro Mukabeta Academic Profile
- MSc ICTs Education (UCT South Africa)
- BSc(Honours)Computer Science (BUSE)Z’bwe
- Diploma in Information Technology (UZ)
Research Interests – E-learning, mobile learning, artificial intelligence and expert system
Major Research Summary
- Completed a research project on use of Facebook as a Social Media to enhance interaction and knowledge sharing in authentic learning contexts. This project was done for the fullfilment of her masters studies. She was working with Computer Science students on Industrial Attachment break. The project was partially funded by Carnegie Mellon Scholarship.
- Currently doing research on application of social media in education and business.
- Mukabeta T. (2014). Using Activity Theory to analyse the use of Podcasts to Facilitate Scaffolding in a Higher Education Setting. Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences. Vol. 5, No. 2.
- Mukabeta T, Tunjera N, Magomelo M, Ndumiyana D. (2014). Enhancing learning through collaboration in an online discussion forum: Students’ perceptions in a Computer Architecture Course. Greener Journal of Educaton and Training Studies, Vol 2(1).
- Tunjera N, Mukabeta T, Zivanai J (2013). Increasing Interaction by Integrating Short Messaging Services (Smss) into the Virtual Open and Distant Learning (VODL) Teacher Education Programme: A Case of Bindura University in Zimbabwe. Greener Journal of Educational Research. Vol. 3(4), pp. 191-199.
- Mukabeta T, Tunjera N, Magomelo M. (2013) Using Mobile Phones To Encourage Cooperative Learning In An Introduction To Computers Course At Bindura University: A Critical Discourse Analysis Perspective. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research Vol 2(3).
- Ndumiyana, D., Gotora, R., Mukabeta, T. (2013). Spam Detection using Adaptive Neural Networks: Adaptive Resonance Theory. Online Journal of Physical and Environmental Science Research. Volume 2, Issue 2, pp. 20-27.
- Facilitation of CTA Web 2.0 Technologies for the developing context 1 week Workshop held in May 2014. Venue: Main Campus Computer Lab Bindura University, Bindura.
- Mobile application development training facilitation for Technovation Challenge February to May 2014. Venue: Hypercube Hub, Harare.
- Facilitation Digital Literacy Skills for Mbare Women for TechWomen Zimbabwe Pamusha Project (November 2014 – 2015). Venue: Chitsere School, Mbare.
- Facilitation of Hour of Code during the Computer Science Week i.e. 8-14 December 2014 as an extension service for the awareness of Computer Science Programme to the community. Venue: Hypercube Hub, Harare
- Started a STEM club at Chipindura High School, Bindura 2015