To qualify for normal entry to the Bachelor of Science Honours Degree Programme at the Bindura University of Science Education, a prospective student must satisfy the entry requirements specified in the General Regulations and must also meet the following requirements:
- Have obtained a pass at A-Level in Chemistry and have one of the following subjects or their recognized equivalents; Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Agriculture, Computer Sciences, Food Science AND
- Have five O-Level passes including English Language and Mathematics
- Special entry for candidates with relevant diplomas may be considered, e.g. ND or HND in Applied Chemical Technology, Diploma in Science Education specializing in Chemistry or equivalent.
The graduate trained under this programme has vast career opportunities irrespective of his specialization.
- The graduate is employable as a Chemist in Water Supply authorities, Environment Management agencies.
- The graduate skills are in demand in the Productive sector and Chemical manufacturing sector where he/she can be engaged as a Production Chemist, Laboratory Manager, Research and Development Chemist or Analytical Chemist.
- The qualification is the minimum entry point for an ever expanding research and development field in the public and private sector. Companies are beginning to realize that their competiveness is directly linked to their research and development outputs
- The graduate can easily proceed with his studies at Master’s degree level. With his/her specialization at undergraduate level, a research based Master’s degree would be easy to handle.
- The graduate can pursue his/her career at institution of higher learning as a research assistant and exploit the avenue to pursue his studies at PhD level.