To be eligible for admission, a candidate must have:
- obtained a Certificate in Education/Diploma in Education or other recognizable teaching qualification from an acceptable institution where the subject of study was strongly represented;
- have a pass in ‘A’ Level Biology;
- have a good pass in ‘O’ Level English Language and Mathematics;
- have had at least two years of approved teaching experience at an institution recognized by the University; and
- may be required to pass a written/oral entrance examination set by the University in the subject to be studied.