- Master of Science in Meteorology and Air Quality (MSc MMA), Wageningen University, Netherlands.
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Chemistry Education (BScEd Hons), Bindura University of Science Education, Zimbabwe.
- Diploma in Science Education, Mutare Teachers ‘College, Zimbabwe
- Certificates in Nuclear Security (IAEA)
- Certificate in Family Health & Life Studies (AIDS Education, Gender Sensitivity, Guidance & Counselling, Reproductive Health).
My research is interdisciplinary and combines different aspects from several disciplines
- Air Quality and associated health risks
- Modelling in air pollution management, health risk assessments.
- Radiation Science
- Climate Change
I have reviewed ten articles for different scientific peer reviewed journals and have supervised more than 50 students at undergraduate level with their research projects in the Safety, Health and Environmental Management areas.
- Full member of Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World(OWSD)
- Member of Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA)
- WUR Alumni
- BUSE Alumni
Selected publications in peer reviewed journals
- Dudu VP, Mathuthu M and Manjoro M (2018) Assessment of heavy metals and radionuclides in dust fallout in the West Rand mining area of South Africa, Clean Air Journal (Accepted manuscript).
- Mathuthu M, Dudu VP and Manjoro M (2018) Source apportionment of air particulates in South Africa: A review, Atmospheric and Climate Sciences (Accepted manuscript).
- Dudu V.P and Jeche T. (2015) An Assessment of Occupational Noise Levels in a Plastic Manufacturing Industry in Zimbabwe, Journal of Scientific Research and Reports, 4 (1): 21-27.
- Gotosa J, Nyamadzawo G, Mtetwa T, Kanda A and Dudu V.P (2015) Comparative Road Dust Suppression Capacity of Molasses Stillage and Water on Gravel road in Zimbabwe, Advances in Research, 3 (2): 1-11.
Selected Conference presentations
- Madzunya D, Dudu VP, Mathuthu M and Manjoro M (2018) “Radiological health risk assessment of drinking water from North West Province and soil dust from the West Rand Gold mining area in South Africa”, 19th Waternet/WARFSA/GWP-SA Symposium on: Intergrated Water Resources Development and Management: Managing water for the future in a changing environment in Eastern and Southern Africa, Livingstone, Zambia, 31 October-2 November 2018.
- Dudu VP, Mathuthu M and Manjoro M (2018) “Radiation dose assessment of radionuclides in soil dust from the West Rand mining area, South Africa”, Trilateral workshop on Air Pollution in emerging mega-cities: sources, evolution and impacts, Nairobi, Kenya from 16-20 April 2018.
- Dudu VP, Mathuthu M and Manjoro M (2018) “Radiation exposure in the vicinity of an abandoned gold mine in South Africa”, NAARRI International conference on Advanced Applications of Radiation Technology NICSTAR-2018, 5-7 March 2018.
- Career Development Workshop for Women in Physics 9-13 October 2017, Trieste, Italy
- International Conference on Applied Radiation, Science and Technology (ICARST 2017) Conference in Vienna, Austria from 24-28 April 2017.
- Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) Regional Workshop on Policy and Diplomacy for Scientists: Introduction to responsible research practices in Chemical and Biological Sciences in Pretoria, South Africa (18-21 October 2016).
Research Work in Progress
- Pursuing PhD studies on mapping cancer risk from inhalation of radionuclides in dust in South Africa.
- Evaluation of NORMS in dust radionuclide particulate in Carletonville mining area of South Africa.