The successful candidate will be appointed on a four (4) year contract. The Dean shall report to the Vice Chancellor. The Dean shall play a pivotal role in the University’s senior management structure, providing overall leadership and management functions to the Faculty which includes administration and management of the Faculty’s finances. The Dean shall also be responsible for all Faculty planning and control in specific areas of teaching, research, community engagement, innovation, industrialization, human resources, budgeting, academic programmes, departmental equipment and other Faculty matters.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate must have a minimum qualification of a PhD in the Sciences, Science Education, Education or Agricultural Education, be a scholar of note with credibility among his/her peers and proven leadership skills. The ideal candidate must also have experience in a University at the level of a Dean of a Faculty, Deputy Dean, or served as Chairperson of a Department for at least one term, or Director of a University. In addition, the ideal candidate must be at the level of a Senior Lecturer or above.
The ideal candidate should have a strong track record in Teaching, Research, Community Engagement and Resource Mobilisation. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, an excellent academic record and experience of working with a broad range of relevant stakeholders. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Dean shall:
- Provide strategic leadership with a vision, academic excellence through University teaching, research and publication and insight to the Faculty of Science Education;
- Provide academic and administrative leadership to the Faculty, including all Faculty planning and budgeting;
- Implementing the policies and objectives of the University and the Faculty through the development and delivery of sound and innovative programmes, the promotion of excellence in teaching and research for the Faculty. Fostering and maintaining a comprehensive and conducive learning environment at the University;
- Developing a sense of community for the Faculty, students and support staff;
- Developing collaborations and strategic partnerships with Faculty alumni, institutions, corporations and government agencies in liaison with University administration;
- Implementing programmes and projects in accordance with the University policies and procedures and
- Performing such other functions as may be prescribed by the Vice Chancellor.
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Monday, 25 February 2019. For more information phone +263-(0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, +263-0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”