This is a senior management position which requires someone who has the ability to manage all aspects of the University’s estate, its related resources and facilities commensurate with the strategic objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Rural and Urban Planning/Real Estates Management/Property Development/Business Administration or its equivalent;
- Bachelor’s degree in Rural and Urban Planning/Real Estates Management/ Property Development/Land Administration and Management or its equivalent;
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ post qualification experience in real estate, property management or related field, two (2) of which must be at a senior level management;
- Experience in property management including the coordination of housekeeping, maintenance, and renovations;
- Knowledge of fleet management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the incumbent will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Undertaking strategic Estates and Services planning and management;
- Coordinating and managing multi-craft activities involved in preventive, scheduled and emergency maintenance, cleaning, messenger services, repair, and renovation of buildings, mechanical systems and/or grounds;
- Developing or assisting with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the University to ensure efficient and safe operation of the Department;
- Supervision of the Estates and Services personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, performance evaluation, training and work allocation;
- Needs identification for communal furniture, equipment and its use;
- Managing the hiring of Institute facilities to both internal and external clients;
- Coordinating the procurement and maintenance of University furniture for use by staff and students;
- Managing the mailing system, use of facilities e.g. notice boards and telecommunications within the University;
- Superintending and overseeing the commercialisation of the University’s Guest House;
- Ensuring proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies, promoting continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Superiors.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line and addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar- Human Resources and Administration
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday, 28 February 2022. For more information phone (66210) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”