Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have at least a Doctor of Philosophy degree. Applicants should have University experience in Teaching, Research and Community engagement preferably at Associate Professor Level or above. In addition, experience as a Dean of Faculty or Chairperson of a Department is an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall have overall responsibility for the operations of the Quality Assurance Unit and will perform the following tasks:
- Oversee the implementation of the University Quality Assurance Policy; Strategic Planning to achieve the objectives of the University Quality Assurance Framework;
- Manage the Secretariat of the University Quality Assurance Committee;
- Be accountable for implementing the Quality Assurance initiatives, managing its detail and bringing it to successful implementation;
- Coordinate and support Quality Assurance and Enhancement of Management Systems across the University;
- Contribute to the identification, development and promotion of the University’s Quality Assurance protocols and mechanisms;
- Lead the development and oversee the implementation wide-Quality Assurance initiatives and contribute to the formulation of the University’s Quality Assurance;
- Generate policies and procedures and oversee their implementation and monitoring across the University;
- Superintendent the University’s Affiliates and Associate institutions, liaise with donors and funding agencies to mobilise financial resources for Quality Assurance activities;
- Co-ordinate the process of accreditation of academic programmes and any other duties related to Quality Assurance as may be assigned from time to time by the Vice Chancellor and
- The Director, Quality Assurance Unit reports to the Vice Chancellor.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. For more information phone (0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”