The position of the Director – Graduate School of Business requires a candidate who will lead, manage and organize the unit. The ideal candidate should provide leadership and direction for the growth of the unit. He or she should ensure the smooth running and continued development of the professional services that support the unit, exhibit highest professional service standards, provide effective communication across the Graduate School Business and develop strong networks and link with industry and various stakeholders. The ideal candidate must be willing to direct the necessary time and resources to ensure the smooth day to day functioning of the Unit. The ideal candidate shall report to the Vice Chancellor and work closely with the Dean, Faculty of Commerce.
Qualifications and Experience.
Applicants must have:
- A PhD in a Business related subject;
- A Business related Master’s Degree;
- Attainment of Professorship will be an added advantage;
- Ten (10) years business and academic experience, of which five (5) years should be at managerial level;
- A track record of successful business, management and consultancy communication skills;
- Awareness of the major issues which affect both universities and business schools;
- An understanding of the needs of the students and the academic environment;
- Ability to run the business school as a business entity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Facilitating Graduate School of Business programme planning and resources;
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the Graduate School of Business;
- Ensure that the Graduate School of Business is adequately resourced with relevant skills and competencies;
- Develop a portfolio strategy with regards to teaching and administration;
- Implement and comply with the academic quality assurance procedures, including periodic quality reviews, programmes, assessments and curriculum development in liaison with the Quality Assurance Department;
- Liaise with relevant accreditation bodies, quality assurance agencies, external examiners and peers; Overseeing the recruitment of students;
- Advising graduate students and serving as an advocate for all graduate students;
- Monitor students’ academic progress; Overseeing the maintenance of complete and confidential academic records and ensuring accurate records are kept;
- Ensure compliance with the University policies and regulations; Position the Graduate School as a strong competitive portfolio nationally and internationally;
- Benchmark the programmes and customer service against key business schools to ensure leadership in service quality and cost effectiveness;
- Supervise the staff in the day to day support and programme delivery, taking a leadership role in trouble shooting issues (changes in registration, special cases of admissions and dealing with examination disputes between supervisors and students etc., critical deadlines);
- Oversee examination arrangements, marking procedures, processing of assessments and examinations and the moderation process;
- Ensure timeous appointment and payment of External Examiners;
- Ensure excellent communication with internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop strong networks with industry and commerce collaborative partners and sponsors;
- Ability to plan and execute independent specialist area and multi-disciplinary research programmes;
- Manage the Graduate School of Business Budgets;
- Recruitment and supervision of the day to day activities of the Graduate School of Business;
- Chairing meetings of the Graduate School of Business and serve as the representative on University Committees;
- Provide periodic reports on the Graduate School of Business.
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Kindly visit our website on www.buse.ac.zw/vacancies. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Friday, 24 January 2020. For more information phone (0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”