The Deputy Bursar is part of the Senior Management Team of the University and plays a key role in the financial management of the University’s resources.
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must have at least a First Degree in Accounting or fully completed professional qualification such as CA, CIS, CIMA, ACCA and a Master’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or its equivalent. Other higher qualifications will be an added advantage. The incumbent must have five (5) years post qualification experience in a relevant field and must be a Public Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent shall be responsible for:-
Investment analysis, market research and recommending the investment of University funds. Producing a monthly report and updating the investment register;
- The management of stores and stocks through periodic stock takes;
- Supervision of procurement of fuel ensuring that minimum re-order levels are maintained;
- Analysis of all Canteens Trading Accounts, reviews all Canteen procurement requirements and ensure the business unit remain viable;
- Financial analysis – Performance of the BUSE Farm and Printing Press;
- Assisting Bursar in providing secretarial services to the Investment Committee.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to email@example.com consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Send six (6) copies of the application consisting of the documents listed above to:
Bindura University of Science Education
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 27 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualifying female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”