Dr. T. Chikerema – Department Chairperson
The proliferation of Technology in the education sector has broken boundaries by facilitating education and training in and beyond the confines of the physical classroom and allowing it to be portable. The disparities in ICT investments, the varying technology infrastructural levels, and the digital gap between the teachers’ and learners, however, strengthen the inequality of pedagogical practices amongst institutions, companies, and schools.
To this effect, the department is tasked to equip trainee teacher educators with appropriate skills necessary to make effective use of technology available to them in designing, developing, planning and evaluating e-Learning activities in their teaching. The products of the department are expected to be equipped with sound pedagogical and technological capacities to make appropriate choices of technological tools necessary for the achievement of pedagogical goals.
Towards a teacher educator population that is able to respond appropriately to the needs of the local, regional and global environment
Our mission is to produce work force ready graduates who are knowledgeable and equipped with digital skills to appropriately transform the teaching and learning experience in context, strengthening creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication within and beyond the physical classroom.
- Equality and Equity
- Respect for Diversity
Where to find us
The department is located at the FSE Campus, Faculty of Science Education Complex, Shashi View, Bindura
- Bachelor of Science Education Honours Degree in Computer Science (HBScEd-CSc) (2 Years)
- Bachelor of Science Education Honours Degree in Computer Science (HBScEd-CSc) (4 Years)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET) 1 ½ Years
- Master of Science Education in Educational Technology (MScEdT) 1 ½ Years
- Master of Science Education in Learning Design and Technology (MScEdLDT) 1 ½ Years
- Master of Science Education in Computer Science (MScEdCSc) 1 ½ Years
- Master of Science Education in Online and Distance Education(MScEdODE) 1 ½ Years