The University would like to inform all Members of staff, students and stakeholders that following the announcement of stringent lockdown requirements by his Excellency, the Presidents of the Republic of Zimbabwe, Cde E.D. Mnangagwa on 30 June 2021. the following measures have been put in place in order to comply with this directive
- Examinations for Part Two (2) students which were due to start on Monday 5 July have been deferred to a later date to be advised in due course. Academic departments should continue to process all Examinations that have already been written.
- All Postgraduate examinations scheduled for Harare Campus will go ahead as timetabled.
- The Part Two (2) deferred examinations will be held when the situation is favorable.
- There should be minimum manning levels (40%) in Academic Support Departments. Staff not required in person should work from home. Members must remain available when needed and must liaise with their Heads of Departments for necessary arrangements. Staff in the Security and Projects will continue to report for duty as usual.
- With the current increase in Covid 19 cases countrywide, staff and students are advised to exercise due care and avoid unnecessary travel and mingling which may endanger their lives, workmates and family members. One must always wear a face mask, practice social distancing, sanitize hands and work environment. Washing of Hands with soapy running water should be a habit. Staff should continue embracing digital and virtual forms of communication.
- Covid 19 is real and therefore there is no room for complacency. Always assume that the person next to you could be positive. The University remains highly committed to the safety of staff and students.
To download the official document click link below.