The successful candidates should be all-rounder Cooks who can skillfully, economically prepare and timely present quality food.
Qualifications and Experience:
The applicants must have a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Level subjects and a Certificate in Hotel and Catering Studies/Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking/Certificate in Bakery Studies/Certificate in Professional Cookery/Certificate in Institutional Catering/Certificate in Hospitality Management/Executive Certificate in Hospitality Operations Management. The applicants must also have a minimum of one (1) year relevant post qualification working experience in an educational institution/hotel/restaurant or similar set up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and serving food;
- Processing customer orders;
- Cleaning the workspace;
- Ensuring that the ingredients and products in the canteen are fresh;
- Properly handling and storing ingredients and food to avoid contamination and poisoning;
- Maintaining food safety and sanitization standards in line with the health and safety guidelines;
- Presentation of garnish and arrange final dishes;
- Any other catering services as assigned by Catering Supervisor.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application merged in continuous pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org consisting of the application letter, certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts, National ID, Birth Certificate and a Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
Send six (6) copies of the application consisting of the documents listed above to:
Bindura University of Science Education
P. Bag 1020
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 4 October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualifying female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for in the subject line.
Science for Human Development”