- Master of Social Work
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Diploma in Education
Key Research Areas
- Children in conflict with the law
- Children’s education
- Mental Health
Accepted Book Chapters
- Manwiro, V. P. and Chitereka, C. Juvenile Justice and Social Work in Zimbabwe (Submitted 2020)
- Chitereka, C., Mtetwa, E., Ruparanganda, W. and Chirisa, I. Education for Inclusive and Transformative Urban Development (Submitted 2020)
- Chitereka, C. Mental health, Stress and Stress Management During the Covid-19 Pandemic in Zimbabwe(Submitted 2020)
- Chitereka, C., Mtetwa, E. and Chirisa, I. Children’s Access to Primary and Secondary Education in Slum Settlements of Zimbabwe: Insights from Hopley Farm (Submitted 2020)
- Chitereka, C., Mtetwa, E. and Chirisa, I. Social Policy for Education: Nexus Between Policy, Institutions and the Global Agenda in Zimbabwe (Submitted 2020)
Conference Papers Attended
- Presented a paper on the 4th International Conference on Social Science, Humanities and Education to be held in Berlin Germany from 15 – 17 December 2020.
Paper title: Children’s Access to Primary and Secondary Education in Slum Settlements of Zimbabwe: Insights from Hopley Farm
- Presented a paper on the 3rdInternational Conference on Advanced Research in Social Sciences to be held in Oxford, UK during March 11 – 14, 2021
Paper title: Social Policy for Education: Nexus Between Policy, Institutions and the Global Agenda in Zimbabwe
Through fieldwork supervision I have met social work practitioners who are keen to work together with the Department of social work in the training of students who are competent in rendering services to individuals, groups and communities.
As a voluntary social worker, at PHOEBE Zimbabwe, working with women and girls recovering from mental illness I am involved in peer to peer support, psychosocial support and self-esteem building in communities. This engagement has the potential to boost the Social Work Clinic to be established in the department.