ON CAMPUS ACCOMMODATION AUGUST –DECEMBER 2020 SEMESTER
The University wishes to inform our valued final year students in 4.1, 4.2, 3.1 and 3.2 that we are now receiving applications for campus accommodation for the period from 9 November to 4 December 2020. Accommodation is limited and shall be allocated on a first come/apply served basis. Students shall be accommodated taking into consideration the proximity of the halls of residence to their learning venues given the multi campus nature of the University.
In order to be admitted into the halls of residence, students need to fulfil the following requirements;
- Pay full fees (EXCLUDING ACCOMMODATION)
- Provide PROOF that they have paid the full fees by availing a copy of the fees receipt to the accommodation office at the Main Campus.
- The proof must be cleared by the Students Accounts section before it is submitted
- Students will ONLY PAY the accommodation fees of ZWL $2 550 upon confirmation by the Accommodation Officer that the space is available
- The deadline for paying accommodation fees by successful candidates shall be 30 October 2020. After that date, non-payment of accommodation fees will result in the withdrawal of the offer.
- For further details kindly call BUSE lines 0772154882-9 or visit the accommodation office (Main Campus) during normal working hours,
- Monday to Thursday 0800hrs to 1630hrs
- Friday 0800hrs to 1600hrs
Also note that accommodation fees shall be paid into Bindura University bank fees accounts at ZB or CBZ bank ONLY. The bank details are on the University website. Students are advised to quote their registration details correctly when making payments.
Students who fail to secure University campus accommodation will be assisted in securing off campus accommodation by contacting the Off Campus Co-ordinator Mr Mutambisi on BUSE lines 0772154882-9 or email email@example.com
CHECK IN PROCEDURES
- Students in the Faculty of Commerce will be accommodated at the Main Campus halls of residence and those in other faculties will be accommodated at the Mount Darwin Road Campus.
- Students will proceed to the allocated halls of residence as advised by the Accommodation officer where they will be assisted by the accommodation officers to check into their rooms.
- Students are kindly advised to bring proof that they have paid the accommodation fees in full failure of which they will not be allowed to check in.
DEADLINE FOR CHECKING IN
Students who fail to check into the halls of residence by Wednesday 11 November 2020 without communicating with the Accommodation Officer will have the offer withdrawn and that space will be open for reallocation to other students.
PREPARATION OF MEALS IN THE HALLS OF RESIDENCE
Students are advised that preparation of meals in the halls of residence kitchenettes is currently suspended to allow for renovations. Students will be required to buy food from the university canteen or any recommended food outlets. Students are allowed to bring an electric jug and iron only. Cooking utensils or any other gadgets used in the preparation of food are not allowed into the halls of residence. Students’ luggage will be subject to search before entering the halls of residence and prohibited items which find their way into the hostels will be confiscated and the offender will be excluded from the halls of residence with immediate effect. Further, students are advised that candles and matches are not allowed in the halls of residence to minimize the risk of fire.
For any enquiries regarding campus accommodation kindly contact us on BUSE cell lines 0772154882-9 EXT 6012 or email the Warden Mrs E Chimbambo on firstname.lastname@example.org