Qualifications and Experience
- This position is charged with managing and executing a wide range of administrative, operational, and executive support activities for the Vice Chancellor. The ideal candidate must be able and committed to support the Vice Chancellor in executing the mandate of the University and maintaining its developmental ethos and thrust on the desired course and path.
- The ideal candidate must have at least a Master’s degree in Administration or equivalent. A proven track record of at least ten (10) years working experience as a Senior Manager either in a college, university or similarly complex and diverse organization is a necessity. Excellent oral and writing communication are essential (Tests will be conducted).
The position requires a person who possesses the following attributes:
- Team player, effective communication and excellent interpersonal skills, written, computer skills, ability to make well-reasoned decisions, thorough understanding of developments in higher education locally and internationally. Demonstrate experience in terms of engaging with high profile professionals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including ability to work with a diverse team and interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, partners and clients.
- Demonstrate competences in Ms Word, Ms PowerPoint and Intermediate Excel is essential. Intermediate knowledge of Research methods and data analysis is essential.
- A person of high integrity with a solid character and a positive attitude and flexibility are needed for the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist by providing a comprehensive, proactive and confidential executive support service and assisting the Vice Chancellor, by planning, organizing, coordinating, and participating in the operations of the office and to do related work as with a particular focus on effective management of strategic, internal and external communications;
- Perform highly skilled administrative support and oversight in the Vice Chancellor’s office, processing administrative details not requiring immediate attention of the Vice Chancellor and assist the Personal Assistant in the Vice Chancellor’s office to manage the Vice Chancellor’s diary including local and international travel schedules.
- Assist with strategic day-to-day leadership and direction of all aspects of the Office of the Vice Chancellor and ensure that both matters of a routine and more critical nature are dealt with promptly and efficiently in the Vice Chancellor’s office.
- Monitor and track and follow up on the progress of a wide range of programs, initiatives, and activities, documents, projects and tasks, ensuring attention to time-sensitive issues and longer-term initiatives for the Vice Chancellor and keeping the Vice Chancellor apprised of status and developments of such activities;
- Provide succinct background information to support decision making relating to strategic developments for the University;
- Initiate and respond to a wide range of contacts with all stakeholders such as Heads of Department, Deans of Faculties, staff, students, consultants, agencies, and the public, which require sensitivity, good judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Develop, direct and/or coordinate the preparation of special reports and documents for the Vice Chancellor, including annual plans, strategic goals and objectives, status reports and action plans. Prepare, screen, review, assemble, type, draft, and edit all documents, speeches and materials for submission to the Vice Chancellor;
- Serve as the point person for external institutions and individuals who need to contact the Vice Chancellor;
- Co-ordinate and organise hosting high profile events and visits, and assist in preparing venues as required; and
- (Bindura University of Science Education reserves the right to assign reasonably related additional duties and to change or reassign job duties) Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses.
Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Monday, 7 October 2019. For more information phone (0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.
“Promoting Science for Human Development”