Applications are invited for the following posts :
1. WORKS AND ESTATES DEPARTMENT
1.1 DRIVER (2 POSTS)
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 “O” Levels, Class 1 Drivers’ Licence, 10 years work experience of which 5 years should be as a Class 1 Driver. A valid Defensive Certificate is a must.
- Ferry members of staff and students to destinations specified
- Deliver mail and equipment
- Clean University vehicles
- Carry out minor inspections to vehicle in use
- Operate assigned vehicles in a safe and courteous manner in compliance with University regulations
- Maintain up to date records on trip sheets, staff transportation forms, incident reports, accident reports and vehicle condition reports
- Do any other duties as assigned by authorities
The closing date will be Friday, 10 November 2014
2) DEPARTMENT OF CURRICULUM STUDIES
LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/PROFESSOR:Curriculum Studies (3 Posts)
- Candidates must have a PhD in Curriculum Studies or equivalent and should be able to teach at least three of the following courses: Curriculum Design, Analysis and Evaluation, Measurement and Evaluation, Comparative Education, Management of Science Education, Curriculum Development in Zimbabwe, Research Methods and Statistics, Research and Practice in Science Education, Educational Technology and the Science Curriculum.
- The candidate should also be able to supervise postgraduate research, carry out research individually and in clusters, assess and supervise students on Teaching Practice and carry out extension work. A proven track record of research publications is an added advantage.
3) EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/Professor – Psychology of Education (1 Post)
- Applicants must be holders of a PhD in Psychology of Education or equivalent.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate should be able to teach at least three of the following courses:- Developmental Psychology, Learning Theories, Language Development, Moral Development and Special Needs Education.
- The candidate should also be able to supervise postgraduate research, carry out research individually and in clusters, assess and supervise students on Teaching Practice and carry out extension work.
- A proven track record of research publications is an added advantage.
Closing date: Wednesday, 5 November 2014
NB: FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Six copies of the following: application letters, certified copies of certificates, national ID and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address and names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. APPLICATIONS CLEARLY MARKED “POST APPLIED FOR” should be submitted to:
Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. For more information phone 0271 7615, 6230
“Promoting Science for Human Development”