Department of Agricultural Economics, Education and Extension
Undergraduate Programmes on Offer
The Department of Agricultural Science was established in 2002. Initially, there was only one unit i.e. the Agricultural Education and Extension unit. To date, there are four more units in the department, namely: Agricultural Economics and Management, Animal Science, Crop Science and Horticultural Science. Current staff establishment stands at 20 academic and 6 academic support staff.
The department offers four year degree programmes in each of the units. In addition, the department is running associateship programmes with Chaminuka College (Diploma in Agriculture and Diploma in Horticulture). Plans are also at an advanced stage for an associateship with Fambidzanayi Permaculture Centre so that a Diploma in Permaculture is offered.
The department will also offer Masters programmes in the near future with the Masters in Integrated Pest Management and the Masters in Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development at the forefront of the launch pad.
To develop competent agricultural scientists and practitioners who are capable of applying sound scientific principles in knowledge generation and management for sustainable agriculture.
- To expose students to scientific principles and practices of agriculture.
- To develop and foster among students, the attitude of sustainable agriculture.
- To provide students with hands-on experience in agriculture.
- Mr C Gadzirayi
- Mr Tichaedza John Chikuvire
- MR. IW NYAKUDYA BSc Agric. (Soil Science) University of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe; MSc Soil and Water (Irrigation) Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- MR. J CHIMVURAMAHWEMSc Agroforestry, BSc in Agriculture Honours (Education and Extension), Bindura University Diploma in Agriculture, Gwebi
- MR. E ZIVENGE MSc Agricultural Economics; BSc Agriculture (Economics and Extension) (UZ)
- MR. GODFREY CHAGWIZA MSc Operations Research, National University of Science &Technology; BEd (Maths and Geography), Bindura University; Diploma (Business & Accounting Studies)
- MR. TNC MANGWIRO MSc Applied Entomology, University of London; BSc Agriculture Honours Degree (Animal Science), University of Zimbabwe
- Mr R Chivheya
- Mr Vincent Tinashe Munyati
- MR. M DHLIWAYO MSc Animal Science; BSc Honours Agriculture (Animal Science) (UZ)
- MR. A CHIKWANDA MBA (pending); MPhil Agric (Animal Science); BSc Agriculture Honours (Animal Science), UZ.
- MR T. HUNGWE MSc Animal Science; BSc Agric Hons in Animal Science (UZ)
- Mr Never Mafuse
- Ms Dadirayi Manyumwa
- MR. C MUSARA MSC AGROFORESTRY (BUSE); BSc Honours Agriculture (Horticulture), Midlands State University
- MR. F KUBIKU MSc Agroferstry (BUSE); BSc in Agriculture Honours (Crop Science), Bindura University, Diploma in Agriculture, Chibhero College
- MR. J MUCHATI MSc Natural Resources Management (pending); BSc in Agriculture Honours (Crop Science), BUSE
- MR. H GWAFA BSc Agriculture Management; MBA (ZOU)
- MS. M CHIMWETA BSc in Agricultural Science Honours (Animal Science), Bindura University of Science Education
- MS C CHIVURAISE MSc Agricultural and Applied Economics (Pending); BSc in Agriculture Honours (Agricultural Economics and Management), Bindura University; Diploma in Agriculture
- MR. JP MUSARA BSc (Agricultural Economics and Management), Bindura University of Science Education, Zimbabwe
- Mr. T MUDAPAKATI TECHNICIAN BSc Agricultural Science Honours Degree (Agricultural Education & Extension, Bindura University; Diploma in Agriculture, Gwebi College
- MR. S CHIKAKA Certificate in Agriculture, Chaminuka Training Centre
- MR. O SENGA Diploma in Applied Chemical Technology; Certificate in Science Technology, Harare Polytechnic
- MR. L MAHAMADI Technical Assistant (Agricultural Science Computer Lab)