Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should have a minimum of 5 “O” Levels including English Language. In addition the applicant must have a National Diploma in Hotel and Catering from a recognized institution. Three (3) years’ experience in a senior cookery position. Experience at an Educational institution/hotel/ restaurant or similar organization experience is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- An all-rounder Head Cook who can skilfully and economically prepare and timely present quality food.
- Protect food and equipment from abuse.
- The Head cook will be responsible for meal designing, preparing and monitoring meal preparation;
- Ensuring the smooth running of kitchen activities;
- Protecting of food from abuse;
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met;
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards and
- Perform all duties in line with catering services as assigned by management.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Six (6) copies of the following: application letter, certified copies of Educational certificates, National ID, Birth Certificate and CVs giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, previous employment and experience, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses. Kindly visit our website on http://www.buse.ac.zw/index.php/vacancies. Applications should clearly indicate the “Post” which is being applied for and submitted to:
Assistant Registrar- Human Resources
Bindura University of Science Education
P Bag 1020
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. The closing date will be Monday, 28 January 2019. For more information phone (0271) 7531-2, 7622, 7623, 0772 154 882-9.